Blogs and Business
As I start this blog, I have a few things in mind. Bear with me as I run down my list.
1. Have Fun: I wanted to have a place to rant and rave and be stupid.
2. Get Info Out There: There’s a lot of great stuff out there – and I wanted to give it a home. An easy, one-stop place for all your freelance graphic design info and resources.
3. Be Honest: A LOT of the other freelance sites out there (blogs included) are either scams or just out to turn a buck. I want to give relevant info, tricks, tips and resources away – FREE. I can make some money, but that’s just not the sole intent here..
4. Promote My Insane Agenda: I am passionate about design, freelancing, the lifestyle of the self-employed artist and all things arty and stupid and fun. I want a place to talk about it, complain about it, be sad, be happy, yadda yadda yadda.
5. Make a Little Bit of Dough: If you’re a freelance designer, you know that having supplemental income is a good thing. I won’t make a lot here, but every little bit helps. Plus, I figure that by helping you make some cash (or giving you tools to help your business,) the great cosmic laws of karma (or whatever) will smile upon me and help me out, too. Win-win, you know.
So there – I’ve said it. Not that anyone is all that interested in why I’m doing this, but when you write it down and put it out there for the world to see, you are kind of bound to what you’ve said.
Now – get out there and make something cool. I’ m going to have another cup of coffee.